My Shift Planner News
MyShiftPlanner attend 3rd Shaping the Future of Staffing: NHS Workforce Strategy Congress
Managing Director, Chris Pimlott, delivering the presentation – How To Save Your Marriage with an App
On 6th February 2020, the MyShiftPlanner team were asked to deliver a presentation to the Covenzis, NHS Workforce Strategy Congress. Our Managing Director, Chris Pimlott, delivered a presentation to 150 NHS workforce specialists on the subject – How to Save Your Marriage with an App – a MyShiftPlanner Case Study.
The 3rd “Shaping the Future of Staffing” congress was held in the backdrop of significant challenges facing the NHS. Including:-
- 38% of NHS staff reported feeling unwell due to work-related stress
- There are over 100,000 current vacancies across NHS trusts
- One in five staff on average have left their role in 2017/2019
- The cost of employee accounts for an average of mental ill-health £1,794 to £2,174 per employee
We were delighted to attend and offer our insights on the issues of shift workers and the importance of giving staff and their families better control over their work/life balance.
You can see a full transcript of our presentation on our blog READ MORE>
VERSION 5.3 – OUT NOW!
Our new update, v5.3 is now available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
This update contains a lot of internal changes, bug fixes, performance improvements as well as some great new features we’ve added from our user’s feedback.
Here’s what you can find in v5.3:
- Multiple Shifts Per Day (Pro-Pack)
You can now use the + button in the main screen to add multiple shifts to a day
- Custom Icons for Shifts (Pro-Pack)
Add your own icons to a day using the “Icons” option in the + button menu
- Overtime Before and After a Shift
Add 2 different sets of overtime to each shift and track them through the Work Time Report
- Easier Pattern Setup
Pattern setup has been simplified to make it even easier to use
- Updated Widgets
Updated Home Screen/Today widget to show multiple overtimes and custom icons
- Fixes, Refinements and Speed Improvements
Lots of bug fixes and refinements throughout
We’ve also been doing some work on editing and cutting out older code in the app to make it run faster. Hopefully you’ll notice a speed difference, particularly on older devices.
Multiple Shifts on a Day
You can now add a second shift to any day with the new feature in v.5.3
Here’s how you add a 2nd Shift to a day:
- Tap on the + button (top-right of the main screen)
- Pick your second shift type
- Tap on the day you want to add it to
This will show the new shift in the bottom half of the day. This is the default behaviour if you have the Pro Pack.
What if you don’t want it as a second shift? What if you only wanted one shift on the day (i.e. replace the shift that was there already?)
That’s easy! Just follow the above 3 steps and tap on the day a second time to replace the whole day with the selected shift.
How do I remove a shift from a day?
You have 2 options: use the Reset button at the top of the + menu list and tap on the day or choose the shift you want to remove and tap on the day again.
We hope you find the above way of managing shifts on a day easy to get to grips with and would love to hear your feedback!
- Select your shift from the list on the left
2. Tap on the day to add as a second shift
3. Tap on the day again to replace the whole day with this shift
4. If the app isn’t sure which shift to replace, it will ask!
You can now add up to 6 custom icons to any shift from our gallery of new icons. From sports matches to training and family events, custom icons make it quicker and easier to see your schedule and keep track of your work or personal activities.
To add custom icons, tap on the + then on the ICONS option to bring up the Icon Picker. Select your preferred icon you want to use, then on the shift to add a custom icon. You can even add more than one icon!
TIP: If you tap and hold on any icon in the icon picker it’ll make it a favourite and move it to the start of the list to make it easier to find in future!
Overtime Before and After a Shift
You can now add 2 sets of overtime hours to a shift – such as time recorded before and after your normal shift hours.
This is available as a new set of overtime hours boxes in the Day Properties screen where you usually setup your overtime or customise your shift hours.
What if I only did 1 block of overtime on a day? There are 2 boxes!
That’s fine! Just leave the start and finish hours set to 0:00 to 0:00 (midnight to midnight) for the second overtime and it’ll ignore them!
Where can I see these overtime hours?
Lots of places!
- In the month calendar view
- In the notes panel at the bottom (if you have this turned on)
- In the Day Properties screen (where you set the hours up as described above)
- In the Today or Home Screen widget
- In the Work Time Report
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with all the My Shift Planner news
APP CRASH WITH iOS13
The recent Apple update – iOS 13 – has caused a number of problems for apps. Apple are releasing updated. But iOS 13 is causing a fatal crashing error with older versions of MyShiftPlanner.
Users experiencing this crash receive an error message on boot up, telling them to reboot the app or contact support.
v.5.2.5 of MyShiftPlanner – currently on the App Store contains a fix for this crash and will solve the problem.
If you have recently updated to iOS13 on your iPhone, or are considering updating. Please update MyShiftPlanner as well from the Apple App Store, to make sure you do not encounter any problems.
If you need any help, or have any questions regarding this issue, please contact our support team.
My Shift Team is coming …
Our brand new Shift Scheduling tool is getting ready to roll out!
We’d love shift managers to get a first look and early access to My Shift Team from My Shift Planner.
We’re starting our exclusive Preview Programme this autumn to limited numbers.
Want to be part of the programme? Find out more>
Give us your feedback!
Can you help us improve My Shift Planner? How do you feel about My Shift Planner?
We’d love to hear about it … good or bad!
Please spare one minute to fill in our questionnaire. Tell us how we can make My Shift Planner a better app!
New Update – Version 5.2 – AVAILABLE NOW!!
What’s New in v5.2?
The main features of the v5.2 update relate to the new Pattern Set-Up page, as well as some other features and under-the-hood improvements and fixes too.
New Features include:-
- New Pattern Set Up Page
- Device Calendar Sync – you can now choose which app calendar is pushed to your device
- Holiday Allowance can now be differently for each year
- Holiday Allowance has a “carry forward” field and supports carrying over in-lieu in Holiday settings
- FAQs now available from the system menu with Pattern Setup help video added to the Options menu in Pattern Setup screens
- New option in Backup/Restore Data > Configure to choose which backup you want to restore from (rather than the most recent)
- Improved month calendar display for easier reading
- Lots of minor fixes to the app and to styling and shift display
New Pattern Set Up
We’ve changed the shift pattern set up page to include a new preview pane. This means you can see the shift pattern you choose before you add it to your calendar. You can also create your own personal shift pattern in this screen if you’ve got a more complex pattern. Just hit Preview to see how the pattern rotates forward!
Restore Data Options
With the new v.5.2 we’ve added the ability to choose which backup you want to restore from! So if you make a mistake, you can always go back to a previous version and start again. Simply tap on the CONFIGURE option and then hit RESTORE and you can now choose which backup to use. Of course, you still have to remember to BACKUP YOUR DATA so that there are backups to choose from!
We’ve added a new option in Calendar Sync. You can now choose which of your shift calendars in My Shift Planner you want to sync to your device.
Annual Leave Carry-Over
You can now carry forward unused Annual Leave from previous years. You can also manage your annual leave for future years too.
We’ve Passed a Quarter of a Million Daily Active Users!
We’re really pleased to announce that we have over 250,000 daily users of the My Shift Planner App!
Thanks to all our loyal users who’ve been our advocates over the last 6 years.
Next stop, half a million!
v.5.1.9 Update Available Now!
The latest update, v.5.1.9 is available on both App Store and Google Play Store. The update fixes various bugs and issues. Including support for older 32bit devices, such as early iPads and iPhone 5C.
V5.1 for Android and iOS
The new update for My Shift Planner v.5.1 is now available to download for both Android and iOS. New features include:-
- Android Home Screen Widgets are now available. A compact “today” widget showing shifts and notes for the current day, and a 3 day widget to show you further ahead.
- iOS Today Widget available. A collapsible view showing shift and notes for 2-5 days ahead.
- Android Users: Improved support for using coloured emoji in your notes.
- iOS Users Only: Secure access to your app with TouchID or FaceID where available. Turn this on within your User Profile settings in the menu.
- Improved performance throughout the app
- Minor bug fixes throughout the app to improve your experience